Friday, March 8, 2013

Nuts for Salmon

Baked Salmon, Salmon with nuts,
Salmon is a delicious fish that can be prepared so many ways you can eat it every night of the week and each meal will be different. Whether it be salmon tacos or grilled fillets, the possibilities are endless. These almond crusted salmon steaks are simple yet taste like you have slaved away in the kitchen. 

  • Ingredients - Serves 4
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard 
  • 1 Tablespoon Honey Mustard
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds 
  • 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 4 - 4 ounce salmon steaks or fillets 
I love having a variety of mustard's handy

NOTE: Recipe directions are for the serving size of 4. I halved it since I only made two steaks.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Chop up the almonds into small pieces. I use my Pampered Chef food chopper, a kitchen toy I cannot live without. 
In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard's, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, almonds, and parsley.

Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the almond mixture.

Delicious moist salmon
Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. 
This is delicious. Salmon is full of all the good Omega 3's and this recipe is easy to make so you can have salmon any day of the week. I paired it with mac and cheese and a side salad. The salmon did not have an overly mustardy flavor. The balance of the two mustard's with the honey gave it a sweet and sour flavor. The crunch of the almonds was an added bonus. 

For complete nutrition information, click the Magic button  

13 comments:

  1. This looks so healthy! I am so glad that you linked up at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's! You have been pinned and I hope that you come back each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back. Your link up has several amazing recipes I have to try. Thanks for visiting.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderfully delicious!

    I'm hosting a roundup called Pantry Party. This dish would fit in well, as this month's theme is breaded! Check us out! We'd love to have this dish or another breaded dish entered. http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/pantry-party-march-2013-announcement/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get it posted. Thanks for sharing your Pantry Party!

      Delete
  4. I love this idea, Lori! I've never tried encrusting salmon with almonds before, but if it works for shrimp, it should work for salmon! Very cool and what a tasty creation... Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Love your Made From Scratch Mondays :-)

      Delete
  5. I've had flounder with almond but never salmon. Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm... Flounder... that sounds good. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a great Salmon recipe, it looks delicious. Have a great St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miz Helen, thanks for the linky party. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

      Delete
  7. Nice post, and I just saw this, I like it, i need alpha reseller hosting,a friend of mine recomended me www.elcoplanet.com I was searching for alpha reseller web hosting on internet and I found www.elcoplanet.com as with best comments for their service.. I also found they offer cheapest prices for alpha reseller web hosting … Does any of you have ever heard about www.elcoplanet.com or maybe use their web hosting service ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jean Poylini Elcoplanet.com are ok, I used their services few years ago and I'm satisfied of them servis, nowdays I am using www.eaglehsot.info and their Alpha Reseller package, I can see now they have Super Alpha Reseller so I can try it when I have more money , I am kidding :))))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews