Sunday, May 5, 2013

Marinated & Grilled Broccoli

grilled broccoli
I love spring and summer time barbecued that means grilled vegetables to go with it. When the weather gets warm outside, who wants to deal with a hot stove or oven heating up an overheated house? That's when I take my adventure out of the kitchen and onto the patio for some grilling.

Not only are these grilled vegetables delicious but they are also vegetarian friendly AND vegan friendly. So this way, you'll have a side dish that will satisfy just about any body. 

Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/8 cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 large clove garlic, chopped
½ red onion, cut into 1” squares
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets

For nutrition information, click this button 

Mix the first 4  ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the broccoli and onion and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
grilled broccoli
Heat the grill to a medium high heat. Transfer the veggies to a grill basket and pour any excess marinade over the veggies
Grilled Broccoli
Cook on the grill for approximately 10 minutes or until onions start to char a bit. Remove from heat and serve.  It’s that easy!
grilled broccoli
So next time you're in the mood for some grilled vegetables, give this marinated broccoli recipe a try. The lemon and garlic really compliments the broccoli and the sweetness of the red onion. YUM.

Featured on Barns and Noodles Quick Healthy Meals post May 17, 2013.

Featured on The Country Chic post on 50 Grilled Veggies on July 10, 2013




8 comments:

  1. Looks great - everything is yummy on the grill!

    Sam
    http://cooksandcreates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Super idea and I bet everyone (even broccoli haters) would like it. Glad I saw this at Melt in Your Mouth Mondays. I hope you will come and share at What'd You Do This Weekend: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-15/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love broccoli! This looks really delicious and nice and simple, which is always a winner in my book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grilled veggies too, but have never tried broccoli. This looks great I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious, Lori - and such a wonderful way to enjoy broccoli. Love the idea of a marinade to season the broccoli before grilling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE broccoli but I have never grilled any ! Pinned your recipe to make soon :-) Thank you for sharing at our All My Bloggy Friends Party !

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to grill the broccoli! Thanks for linking it up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Broccoli is my favorite veggie! :) Thanks for sharing at Party Thyme. This recipe has been pinned to my Party Thyme features board

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews