Thursday, September 26, 2013

Peach Mango Sorbet

Peach Mango Sorbet
Hey everyone! Summer isn't over yet.... At least not for me. I purchased a KitchenAid ice cream maker attachement with my mixer last month and I'm not ready to put it back in the box. Hubby loves ice cream and sorbet and it's not just for the summer months in my house. Today I am sharing a recipe for some delicious Peach Mango Sorbet. This is perfectly refreshing for hot summer days and not so hot fall evenings. Using this combination of fruits yielded a wonderful sorbet that you can either devour for yourself or serve at your next barbecue.

Peach Mango Sorbet

2 cups frozen peach slices, thawed
1 fresh mango, cut into chunks
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups simple syrup (recipe below)


Simple Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups sugar

Directions
Put peaches, mango and water into a food processor and blend until very smooth. I used 1/4 cup water. If you wish, strain the liquid in a mesh strainer pressing into it to get all the liquid out and discard any solids. However, I like the texture of the solids in there so I left them. It's up to you. Chill this mix for 4-6 hours in the fridge.


Meanwhile, make the simple syrup. Place the ingredients into a saucepan and heat through until sugar is completely dissolved. Place this in the fridge and chill completely, about 2 hours.
Once everything is chilled, add the simple syrup to the peach mix. As you can see the recipe for the syrup makes more then you need for this, so save some for your next batch!!

Bring out your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers directions. I have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with the ice cream attachment. I churned it on setting #1 for almost 10 minutes until the texture was the way I wanted. I chilled this mix in the freezer for about 4 hours or until Hubby couldn't wait any longer. If you like a softer sorbet, chill for a shorter amount of time.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews