Monday, March 12, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs with Couscous

This is a quick and easy recipe for the grill. As the weather gets nicer, it's time to break out the barbeques and cook outside. I love warm nights, sitting outside with my hubby and enjoying the fresh air.

These kabobs are easy and yummy!!! It takes just a few ingredients but yields great results.


Ingredients
6-8 Sea Scallops, rinsed
14 Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
8 strips of bacon, partially cooked
1 Sweet Red Pepper, cut into square pieces about 1" or so
1/2 Red Onion, cut into square pieces about 1" or so
10 button Mushrooms, stems cut off
1 Box of Plain Couscous
Garlic
Olive Oil

Once you gather all the ingredients, just skewer them up. I use the wooden skewers and to prevent them from burning, I soak them for about an hour in water. They also don't splinter as some skewers do. My skewers are bout 12 inches long, but some of the metal ones can be twice the length.

I wrap each shrimp and each scallop with a half strip of bacon, overlapping slightly, and pierce the edges. The bacon will surround the scallops and shrimp and hold in moisture while giving it amazing flavor. I alternate fish, veggies and use the mushrooms for my end caps.

Grill over medium heat until shirimp are pink and scallops firm. Serve with plain or flavored couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews