Friday, March 30, 2012

Salmon Burger Wraps

This is an easy, light dinner idea when you don't have a lot of time and want to have something healthier and tastier then fast food or a candy bar.

Sautee two Costco Salmon Burgers in some garlic and a bit of olive oil. I cook them on medium to low to allow the garlic flavor to get into the burger and also I find if I cook them too quick, they get hard and dry and I don't like to eat a "hockey puck." 
When cooked, cut them in half and place two halves on a multi grain tortilla. Add chopped roma tomatoes, avocado and fresh spinach. Add a dollop of cilantro dressing (recipe follows) and wrap it up. Slice in half and serve with rice, veggies or cole slaw. I had a quick and easy cole slaw with it.

This was so good and light. As the days get warmer, cooking inside becomes less appealing and I prefer to either grill or have salads. These wraps are perfect for summertime entertaining, they're delicious without being "heavy." I added the recipe into my Cook'n Recipe Organizer so I can reference it in the future.
My husband gave this 4.999999 stars out of 5 only because there wasn't a second burger for him to eat.
Cilantro Dressing - Makes 6 servings
2 cups fat free sour cream
1/4 cup 1% milk (or less if you like the dressing thicker like me)
1 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Take all ingredients, place it in a food processer and blend till smooth.  My husband also likes to dip his tortilla chips in this "dip."
Cole Slaw - 4 servings
1/2 Head of cabbage, chopped
1/2 can of pineapple chunks, drained, chopped and any excess juice squeezed out
1 Tbsp course ground black pepper
1/2 Jar of Marzetti Lite Slaw Dressing 

Mix all ingredients and chill for a minimum of 60 minutes. If you like your slaw more "saucy" then add more of the lite dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews