Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bourbon and Chile Glazed Pork Chops

Grilled Pork Chops
The great thing about this recipe is you can vary the spiciness by using a spicier chili sauce (like I did) or tone it down with a sweeter sauce to give it some tang. Also, there are so many mustards out there from Honey Mustard to Wasabi, so again, there are a lot of options with this one

Ingredients
1/3 cup bottled chili sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 thick pork rib chops (each about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or use a stove top grill. Combine chili sauce, bourbon, mustard and soy sauce in heavy medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is reduced enough to coat spoon, whisking occasionally, about 4 minutes.

Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper. Brush 1 side of chops generously with sauce. Place chops, sauce side down, on grill. Brush chops generously with remaining sauce.
Grill until cooked through and glazed, about 7-10 minutes per side (depending on grill temp) 

 
I paired this with Spaetzle, however I used a box mix as I didn't have time to do it from scratch

I cooked it according to package directions and added 1 clove of chopped garlic, a big pinch of parsley and some butter. Cooked up very nice and was an excellent compliment to the pork chops.


And voila! Chops, green beans and Spaetzle. Very de-lish and easy too!

6 comments:

  1. Those look great, I have some pork chops in the freezer I've been wanting to grill, think I'll have to give this a try!!

    www.sarahowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat a lot of pork but this recipe sounds like something I will have to try....soon.

    www.fairiesmarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe1 Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds flavorful, will definitely give it a try! Found on Peek Into My Paradise :)

    Stop on by SUPER SUNDAY Linky Party & link up with us:
    http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/06/super-sunday-party-2/

    Lori
    Whoneedsacape.com
    Not Your Average Super Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly a manly man's meal... my guys will love it. Thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! I bet this is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends - I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews