Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ranch Dip using Coconut Oil





How do I make ranch dip with coconut oil
Wonderful dinner!
To begin with, I want to give a "shout out" to my wonderful husband Mark. I came home last week to a box from UPS. I had not ordered anything, so I was very curious what it was. I opened the box and to my surprise was a handheld immersion blender with attachments!! 

The card read "Gift from Mark Hart." My hubby knows me well and knew how much I wanted one. Thanks Mark! You ROCK! 
Mark and our parrot Bongo

This is a versatile and easy ranch dip recipe for anything that calls for a ranch dip or dressing. Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Dip Recipe
1/2 cup coconut mayonnaise using Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil
1/2 cup sour cream, creme fraiche or yogurt
1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate
4 tablespoons virgin palm oil
1 small clove garlic
1-2 tablespoons Italian herb mix (recipe below)

Italian herb mix:

2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1 tablespoon salt

Process all ingredients in a blender or a food processor using my new toy until well mixed and creamy. Note: use only 1-2 Tablespoons of seasoning mixture, not the entire recipe.

I made this without the coconut creme concentrate since I could not find it anywhere... and I went to three different stores, so if someone has a suggestion on where to find it, please leave a comment below.

I used this as a dip for an artichoke. I love artichokes and there so many dip options out there. This dip is sweet and full of herbs and flavor. It tastes ranchy, but not the artificial flavor either. It was fresh and light.  

Wonderful dinner!
 

 
Full of flavor

Featured on Clark's Condensed 60 Ways to Use Coconut Oil Post May 9, 2013

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure Tropical Traditions sells coconut creme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!! I hope it's okay I included it in a round up about 60 ways to use coconut oil. If you'd like me to take it down, just let me know (but we've gotten a lot of traffic on it so far, so hopefully you'll get some of that, too :)

    http://www.clarkscondensed.com/2013/05/60-ways-to-use-coconut-oil-and-what-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring the recipe. And all the other uses for coconut oil

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews