Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kid Friendly Breakfast Roll-Ups

Eggs and tortillas
Growing up, I always enjoyed helping Mom and Dad in the kitchen with mixing batter for muffins, cutting out cookies or even helping clean up. As my sis and I got older, we would be allowed more complex tasks, like breaking eggs into the frying pan or stirring the hot pots. My favorite was when we got to assemble our meals; stuffing the peppers before they go in the oven or adding milk and butter to mashed potatoes.

When kids help in the kitchen preparing their meals, they are more likely to try new foods and veggies. Keeping the tasks age appropriate helps too. This easy egg roll-up idea will get kids to eat those protein filled eggs and other items since they wrapped it up themselves. And using small taco sized tortillas, they roll up nice and tight for little hands to hold.

For this one, I used:
2 eggs, beaten
1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1 oz Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
2- 6 inch flour tortillas
1 Tablespoon sour cream

For nutrition information, click the magic button  
Shred the cheddar and sprinkle it on the flour tortilla. In a small saucepan, add the eggs and cook until fluffy.
Add the jack cheese and stir until just melted. While doing that, heat the cheese covered tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds on high.
Add the eggs to the tortillas and top with the sour cream. You may want to use salsa or another kid friendly topping. I added the cheese and parsley for "plate appeal."

6 comments:

  1. Yum, my kids would love these- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so cute my 2yo would love these. I'd love for you too link them up over at my blog

    http://thevelvetmoonbaker.blogspot.ie/2013/05/sweet-and-savoury-sunday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!

    New follower from the blog hop.
    Liz
    Craft E Magee
    www.craftemagee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!

    Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into Paradise TGIF Link Party.

    I hope you will come party with us next week and see if you were featured! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week!

    Hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know my kids would love helping to make these for breakfast. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son would be in heaven with this recipe! Thank you so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell! I'd love to have you come and share again today http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews