Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day Recipe Round-Up

Do you know there are 8 days left before Father's Day? Father's Day is June 16th and it's time to start making plans to spoil Dad. My dad is 800 miles away in California so I am not able to see him as much as I would like. My husband's father is in Colorado so we don't see much of him either.

So what are we going to do to honor our fathers on their day? Some of us will cook him a special dinner, some will take Dad out to their favorite restaurant and other's will hit the golf course. If I was able to be with my Dad, I would cook him an amazing meal. My Dad is 89 years old and he has an appetite like no one I know. So, I surfed the web, checked out many blogs, visited one of my favorite sites, My Recipe Magic, and found some recipes there that will surely please your Dad and he'll have the special day he deserves.

First up, a halibut recipe in honor of my own Dad. He loves halibut and will eat it whenever he visits his favorite seafood restaurant. This Grilled Halibut from Kalyns Kitchen would be one my Dad could sink his teeth into. Loaded with garlic and Cilantro, it is sure to be a hit. 
Father's Day Recipe Idea
How about a pizza? Confessions of a Cooking Diva has this amazing Barbecue Chicken Pizza recipe that is sure to please the pizza loving Dad. Dad's love pizza. Dad's love barbecue. This is the best of both worlds. 
Father's Day Recipe Idea
Vegetarian dads would love the Grilled Portabello Burgers found over on Happy Food Healthy Life. Portabello mushrooms are meaty and they grill up nicely on the barbecue and season well. Add your favorite veggies and you have a burger sure to make Dad do the happy dance.
Father's Day Recipe Idea
Treat Dad to breakfast in bed with this Crustless Ham Savory Bake from With a Blast. This recipe is easy and hearty. Add a muffin or some fruit and Dad will start the day out right. 
Father's Day Recipe Idea
For Dad's with a hearty appetite, check out the Chicken Stroganoff from Lemoine Family Kitchen. Dad will be pleasantly stuffed with this one. Pasta and chicken are great for a hearty dinner. 
Father's Day Recipe Idea
Maybe a spicy breakfast? Try this Southwestern Breakfast Bake from Miz Helens Country Cottage. It has the right combo of spices and flavors for a unique breakfast for Dad. 
Father's Day Recipe Idea
Dessert….. How can you not LOVE dessert!!   How about these Cherry Pie Bars from The Six Sisters? Cherry Pie is my all time favorite pie and this recipe turns them into bite sized gems! This will satisfy Dad's sweet tooth. 

Father's Day Recipe Idea

So there you have it….. a nice round up of recipes to make any Dad happy. And stuffed. Happy Father's Day everyone!!!

Take Dad to Chili's this Father's Day

 


2 comments:

  1. Great roundup loving the cherry bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My hubby would love the portabello burgers. Thank you for sharing!

    I'm hopping over from the Saturday Spotlight. Have a great weekend!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews