Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birds Nest Egg Bake

Recipe for Eggs
Last week hubby was at our church's monthly men's breakfast leaving me on my own on a Saturday morning. I'm not complaining… I got to sleep in late, drink coffee in bed for a bit and read.  That was until the cats thought it was fun to play WWF (World Wrestling Felines) on my legs. And my coffee cup was empty. 

I certainly was not in the mood for my workday yogurt, so I busted out the ramekin and made this one-person egg bake with the egg sitting in a "nest" of hash browns, hence the recipe name. 

Ingredients (serves 1 so multiply if needed)
1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns
1 ounce medium cheddar cheese, cut to small squares
8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

For nutrition information, click the magic button 

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a ramekin or other small baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the hash browns on the bottom and mix in the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. The cheese should be nice and melty. 
Recipe for Eggs
Using a spatula (because you do not want to burn your fingers, move the hash browns to the edges and line the edge with the tomatoes on top of the browns. Here is your birds nest.
Recipe for Eggs
Break the egg and put in in your next.  And sprinkle the top with the Italian Seasoning. I love the contrasting colors of the yellow yolk and the bright red tomatoes. 
Recipe for Eggs
Bake 15 to 25 minutes depending on how you like your eggs normally. I like mine over easy so I just baked it for 15 minutes until the whites were, well, white and my yolks were nice and runny. 
Recipe for Eggs
My morning at home was complete!  I got my rest, my caffeine, fun with the felines and a hearty, colorful and delicious breakfast of baked eggs. One of the best parts was I only had one dish and one fork to clean up. How about that for a relaxing Saturday morning? Bliss!
Recipe for Eggs
 
Featured on Full Time Mama's Tuesday Recipe Link Up July 22, 2013
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea, I will definitely have to try this on a Sunday morning for my husband! Thanks for sharing on Good Tastes Tuesday!

    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect way to spend the morning; nothing better than sleeping in, caffeine, and a delicious breakfast! :)
    Thanks so much for linking up with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! We'd love for you to link up again this week (and next Tuesday, and the next... ;) )! I'm featuring this as my favorite on this week's Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really yummy! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews