Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Epica Marinade Injector Review #FullOfFlavor



The Epica 2-Ounce marinade injector is a nice new kitchen toy I had the pleasant opportunity to review. This thing is heavy duty! I didn't expect it to be so solid. Sometimes these can be flimsy, but not this one. It came with two separate needles one for pure liquid marinade and another larger one for marinades the small chunks of garlic or other seasonings. 

Information on the Epica:
Made of Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
Briskets, pork shoulders and other large, dense cuts of meat are no problem for this injector. It won't bend or break under heavy pressure, and the 3-ring handle gives you a secure grip for leverage. Silicon gaskets on the plunger and needle prevent leaks as you work.


Includes Needles for Liquids and Solids
With liquid marinades, use the needle with multiple side holes for maximum dispersion throughout the meat fibers. For solids such as minced herbs, onions and garlic, choose the needle with the large end hole that allows them to pass through without getting stuck. Both are 6" long to send flavorings deep within the meat.

Easy to Fill, Large 2 Ounce Capacity
To fill the injector quickly, simply unscrew the cap on top. The barrel holds a generous 2 ounces of marinade, so you don't have to stop and reload so often.

Dishwasher Safe
The detachable lid and needles also make this injector easy to clean. It can be washed by hand or go right in the dishwasher

The first time I used it for roast beef. I used the smaller needle since it had lots of little holes along the needle to make sure the marinade got way down into the meat. First, I sliced holes in the top where I wedged chunks of garlic clove into the meat. My mom did that whenever she made hers and I guess the tradition just stayed with me.
The Epica has a three ring handle which worked great for me. As some of you know, I have arthritis in my hands and this three ring system not only made it easy to inject the marinade, but my hands did not hurt and I got a good grip on it. Kudos for that! I made several injections into the meat and the ease of pressing down on the plunger was wonderful. 
Using the marinade injector made my roast beef tender, moist and oh so flavorful!!! Hubby loved it!
The second time I used it was with pork chops. 

I used the larger needle and injected a marinade of barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and chunks of garlic. The hole is larger so the chunks pass through nicely into the meat without clogging up the needle. That's great because I want my herbs inside the meat and not in the needle and me having to clean it out, The larger needle worked just as well as the smaller one. We grilled our chops and they were moist and flavorful 
The ease of clean up is a breeze. It is dishwasher safe, however I hand cleaned mine since I'm a bit picky with how I clean my kitchen gadgets.  I'm excited about this new kitchen "toy" because it can be used to inject marinades in pork, beef, chicken and maybe even my Thanksgiving turkey this year. Hmmm… I just got so many ideas running in my head!!

So readers, I highly recommend this product and you can purchase your own over at Amazon
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews