Monday, July 8, 2013

Easy Weeknight Meal: Ham & Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Skewers

Easy Weeknight Meal
Busy day today? Well, me too. It's a Monday AND a Monday after a long holiday weekend. I work at a bank and the boss was out all last week so I spent the day getting him situated as well as doing my own work. By the time I got home I was in "Calgon, take me away" mode. But hubby and I have to eat so what do I make that is quick and easy as well as satisfying?

That's where barbecue skewers come in. They are so versatile and as long as it stays on the stick, it's an easy dinner that cooks up quick on the grill.

I keep Costco ham steaks on hand in the freezer. They come three to a pack and are thick cut as well as less fatty then some I find at other grocery stores. Plus, they are less expensive when you buy in bulk. These skewers came together with items I had in my freezer and pantry. Quick and easy and perfect for a busy weeknight meal.

Ingredients:
1 Costco Ham Steak, thawed
1/2 8 oz can of pineapple chunks
8 strips of bacon
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon butter, melted


For nutrition information, click the magic button
 

Easy Weeknight Meal
Directions:
Cut the ham into 1-2 inch squares. Cut each bacon strip in half. Wrap the bacon halves around the pineapple. On a bamboo skewer, alternate ham chunks and bacon wrapped pineapple chunks. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the honey.  Set aside. 
Easy Weeknight Meal
Outside on the grill, spray a griddle with cooking spray. Cook the skewers 10 to 15 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally.  Baste the skewers with the butter honey mix. Cook until bacon is sizzling. The ham is pre-cooked so one less thing to worry about. 
Easy Weeknight Meal
This was a quickly cooked dinner for one busy weeknight.  I paired it with a half steamed artichoke and an artichoke dip made with mayo and a few drops of sriracha for some kick. 
Easy Weeknight Meal
Next time you are crunched for time and need a quick meal, give this one a try. You won't be disappointed.
.  Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Lori ~ how delish, pinning! And like you said, super fast & easy :) aaaand, ther's bacon!!
    Kim @ *Soliloquy Of Food & Such*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great - it's pinned! Thanks for sharing at Who Needs A Cape?'s Super Sunday Link Party. Be sure to stop back for more linky fun. Take care!

    SherryO @ WhoNeedsACape.com
    Not Your Average Super Moms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Costco's addictive. I swear I try to go in there and pick up one or two things and it never fails I always end up with more. What a great recipe for a quick supper, and how can you go wrong with bacon. Thank you for sharing it on our BBQ Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pineapple and ham are so classic together thanks for sharing this quick recipe with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy and delicious - that's my kinda meal :) Pinning it! Thanks for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends - I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quick, easy, and something different and fun. Thanks for sharing. Linda craftsalamode.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews