Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Naturade Pea Protein Review plus Smoothie Recipe


Peach Smoothie
 When I first heard of Pea Protein, I was like “really?” I had never heard of it before. I’ve seen whey protein, but not Pea Protein. I was intrigued. I had a wonderful opportunity to try Naturade Pea Protein and I was surprised at how good it was. Wow!

About Naturade
The Naturade® research and development team is proud to introduce Naturade Pea Protein™. Pea Protein is a natural plant-based protein that is derived from yellow peas (Pisum sativum), also known as “split peas.” This product is highly soluble, easy to digest, hypoallergenic – and it tastes great! Naturade Pea Protein™ is formulated using only the highest quality pea protein isolate available. Its phenomenal amino acid profile includes nine essential amino acids. Since essential amino acids cannot be synthesized by the human body, they must be supplied by our diets. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are used by our bodies to support our bones, muscles and connective tissues.

Naturade Pea Protein™ is all natural and contains no animal by-products, no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners and no artificial colors. We use non-GMO pea protein that is 100% gluten-free, cholesterol-free, soy-free and dairy-free. Each great tasting vanilla shake provides an excellent source of vegetable-based protein and is suitable for low-carbohydrate dieters, vegetarians, vegans, children, athletes and anyone needing extra protein in their daily diet. Naturade – your partner in good health!

My Thoughts
I love smoothies and couldn’t wait to make one with this. I was sent three pouches of the vanilla flavored protein and was looking forward to something peachy. So I mixed 2 cups frozen peaches, the protein packet and about a cup of water and blended it up nice and smooth. I added about a tablespoon of honey just before turning off the blender.
Peach Smoothie
I think I’ll name this drink my “peach vanilla cremesicle smoothie.” It was so good! The vanilla flavor was not over powering at all. Sometimes these protein pouches can smack you in the face with the strong vanilla flavor. This was nice and subtle and the peach flavor shined through. The powder mixed very well with the peaches and water so there was no chalky taste to my drink or funky aftertaste. Again, another plus.
Peach Smoothie
My delicious smoothie made with pea protein was easily digested and kept me feeling full most of the morning. With my busy schedule, it was a quick, nutritious, on-the-go meal that fit right into my lifestyle.
Peach Smoothie
Want to know more?
Learn more by visiting their Website and taking a look around at their other products.
Like them on Facebook. Stay up to date & vote in the #NaturadeSmoothie recipe contest.
Follow them on Twitter
Check them out on Pinterest where you can find recipes, health tips and more. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews