Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst

I've been hearing on K-Love (Christian radio) about this book for a couple of weeks around the new year so I picked it up off Amazon.com. I'm on Chapter 8 as of today and it is really speaking to me. I am a new Christian, having started back to Church last May with my husband. I also have a good 30-40 lbs to lose so I figured this would help.

I'm a Weight Watchers vet, losing 34.7 lbs about 4 years ago. Bad habits and laziness have put it all back on and then some. It sucks. I hate photos of myself and just recently saw one of me and my husband and I looked HUGE next to him. Time to suck it up and do something about it.

I bought the book and I can say it speaks to me. It takes away all those negative thoughts and puts things in perspective. I love the way the author looks at God as a way to overcome her cravings. She said we are made to crave... God, not food. If we turn to Him, we will have all we need to overcome this struggle and get to that healthy place in life . Hey, that sounds great to me!!

So here I am on a new path... a path to weight loss with His help. I'm starting at a weight that I never thought I'd ever reach and am looking forward to being a healthier me.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya,
    I'm your newest follower from OLS. Love your template! Feel free to stop by my blog, enter my giveaways.

    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a great evening,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! Will visit your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds good. I"ll have to get it.
    I'm your newest blog follower. Thanks for stopping in and entering my Handmade giveaway and following me! G'luck. Susie at Scraps of Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I followed you back here through Twitter. My blog is http://www.momsownwords.com. I can totally relate to your struggle. I like what wrote about craving God verses food. Sounds like a great book. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews