Sunday, February 12, 2012

Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock Review





Lemon Chicken Knorr
I have been a member of Smiley360 for a few months now. They are a social community with the opportunity to try new products and have our voices heard. I have just received a product sample of Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock. I'm a big fan of Knorr Products for years. Their spinach dip recipe is a staple of my parties. So I was very pleased to receive a full sized Knorr chicken stock pack, a ladle and a recipe booklet.
Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock


 I chose to make the Lemon Chicken Primavera. You can't go wrong with chicken and I love lemon flavors. Of course I made some changes/adjustments to suit my own taste. My husband calls it "Lorifying" a recipe. 

Lemon Chicken Primavera


1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spreadable Butter, divided
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
6 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp capers
1 clove garlic, sliced


Combine flour with pepper in shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs, then flour mixture; set aside.
 
Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and brown the chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Country Crock in same skillet over medium heat and cook green onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken until Stock is melted. 
I had not used this before, so don't be surprised that it comes out in a lump. It blends very easy. 
Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add asparagus, mushrooms and capers and return chicken to skillet.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and veggies are tender, about 3-4 minutes minutes. Stir in lemon juice and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice. I also added a bit of flour to the broth to make it thicker and more like a sauce.
 
I served mine with garlic bread. 
I had not used any of the concentrated broths that are on the market these days and I wasn't sure if it would be full of sodium and lacking in flavor or have too much flavor. I was happy with what Knorr has come out with. The tub is easy to open, you just pull off the top. It is in a gel form and I was pleased with the way it melted into the hot water. No lumps, just easy to melt. I am very happy with the flavor. The herbs included add just enough and are not overbearing. They also have a beef flavor which I plan to try at some point. 
 
If you're looking for more information on the Smiley360 Knorr mission, click here. To find Knorr on facebook, click here
 
 I have not been compensated for this post. I was sent a sample of Knorr for free to try and then provide my readers with an honest opinion of the product. Thank you Smiley360.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews