Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oh, Mrs. Dash.. how I love thee...

I love Mrs. Dash. My spice cupboard is full of her products and I find each one unique in it's own way. I am a member of the Mrs. Dash community so i get to search and save recipes and receive important emails about the products. I love the story behind the company as well.

About Mrs. Dash:
For Carol Bernick, Executive Chairman of the Alberto-Culver Company, necessity really was the mother of invention. In the 1980's, when Carol was a marketing exec at the Alberto Culver Co., she was frustrated with the products available to flavor the nutritious meals she prepared at home for her family. She needed a convenient way to flavor the food without using salt. So, Carol got creative in the kitchen and invented a salt-free blend of her own. Working with a variety of spice suppliers, Carol tasted, tested and tweaked until the blend in the bottle was just right. The result is Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, now the most popular salt-free blend in the seasoning category.

Since we've created the perfect seasoning blend, now your meals can be perfectly seasoned every time.

Today, Mrs. Dash® Seasoning Blends are available in 14 different varieties that add flavor to foods — everything from seafood to salad and meat to mixed vegetables.

Original Blend, Garlic & Herb, Table Blend, Extra Spicy, Onion & Herb, Lemon Pepper, Italian Medley, Tomato Basil Garlic, Southwest Chipotle, Fiesta Lime, Caribbean Citrus, Steak Grilling Blend, Chicken Grilling Blend, and Hamburger Grilling Blend.

The salt-free flavor is also available in Mrs. Dash® Marinades in 6 varieties: Zesty Garlic Herb, Lemon Herb Peppercorn, Mesquite Grille, Southwestern Chipotle, Spicy Teriyaki and Garlic Lime.

These non-sulfited herbs and spices are salt-free, all-natural with no MSG.



Probably my favorite is the Fiesta Lime Seasoning. It is my "go to" seasoning for corn on the cob. I love fresh corn when it comes in season and my husband and I can eat it every night with dinner. I also roast it for my corn and black bean salsa.

I use the Steak Grilling Blend for just about anything; steak, hamburgers, breakfast potatoes. It has some "zip" and really adds to beef products and is great on potatoes.

The Caribbean Citrus is a newer one for me. I have only tried it once or twice and I find it good on fish, shrimp and really just about any seafood. I like to take salmon and season it, then wrap it in foil and bake or grill. It depends on the weather. The salmon comes out very moist and deliciously seasoned.

You want recipes? Mrs. Dash give you a wide selection. I have to watch my sodium, so the Low Sodium Recipe page is where I head to first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews