Friday, June 1, 2012

Bacon and Veggie Quiche

Easy Breakfast Quiche
I love quiche. It's not too difficult to make and you can vary the recipe anyway you want. I found a recipe years ago and it's been modified and changed so many times that I'm not sure how close it is now to the original. The most unique thing is the rice crust. Lower in fat and calories then a regular pie crust and more nutrients if you use brown rice over white.

I call it my "whatever is in the fridge that needs to be eaten" quiche 

For the Crust
1 1/2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
1/4 cup of cheese of choice
I egg a beaten egg 
1/2 tsp dill

Blend the ingredients above and press it into a pie dish and bake 15-20 mins at 350 degrees.

This is what I used for the filling this time
5 strips of cooked bacon
3 spears asparagus
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
3 eggs, beaten
Dash of Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning

Layer the bottom of the pie crust with the bacon, then place the cheese and tomato on top. Mix the eggs with the Mrs. Dash and pour the eggs over the veggies and top with asparagus spears.  Bake 40 mins @ 350 and voila... quiche!
 As you can see, some of the bacon "floats" to the top during cooking, however you do get some nice layers when you cut into it. I served this with fresh fruit cocktail and orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews