Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Grilled Chipotle & Cilantro Burgers

Grilled Burger Recipe
It's grillin time!!!!  Time to dust off the ole barbecue and cook in the fresh outdoors. March in Utah still can give us a snow shower or two (or three), so eating outside is a no-go most of the time, but who says we can't put on a warm parka and cook?  This is an easy flavorful, spicy and moist burger recipe that's perfect for early spring. Just a few simple ingredients to make this a mouthwatering and delicious moist burger.

Burger Ingredients
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
3/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (or more if you are feeling wild!)
1 large garlic clove, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Avocado Salsa Ingredients
1 avocado, chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

So easy... Mix up the cilantro and the chipotle with the beef forming into three firm patties. Cook on a heated outdoor grill 5-7 minutes per side on medium heat. My hubby gave them a quick sear on a higher heat first, then turned it down to medium and cooked them. This sealed in the juices for extra fresh flavor. We had them on a whole wheat sandwich thin with avocado salsa and veggie chips.

Check out the fresh cilantro inside the burger. Use as much or as little as you want. I did not chop the cilantro because I wanted "Big Flavor" in each bite. Hubby isn't too fond of super spicy food so I kept my chipotle at the 2 tablespoons (I would have added an extra if I was just cooking for me).
For complete nutrition infromation, click the Magic button below

This recipe was featured on Nap-Time Creations Sandwiches That Will Knock Your Socks Off Sandwich Round Up. Click over and check out all the scrumptious recipes!
nap-time creations



15 comments:

  1. This looks great! I'm sure the chili pepper in adobo sauce adds a wonderful flavor as well. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Sumos Sweet Stuff :) Have a great week!

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the combination of herbs and spices in this hamburger! Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs! I just love it.

    Although I would like it just a little bit warmer outside, I may have to break the grill out earlier!

    Thank you for linking this great recipe up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! I look forward to seeing what you bring to the party next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd put cilantro in just about anything. Love this flavor!

      Delete
  3. Lori,
    Thank you for sharing this at Memories by the Mile Link Party. I just pinned it and I'm now following you all the ways. This sounds and looks delicious. Check back Thursday for the features.
    Can't wait to see what you share next week at Tuesday Trivia.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Chipotle Burgers look amazing! So excited for grilling season. We would love to have you submit some of your delicious recipes on our new sister blog - MyRecipeMagic.com. It will help drive traffic back to your blog, calculate nutritional value and weight watcher points and so many other fun features. We hope you'll stop by. -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over MyRecipeMagic. I have my little chef hat on the upper right side of the blog. That site is awesome!

      Delete
  5. hi! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! This recipe is being featured in a sandwich roundup... posted NOW! Would love to have you add my button to this post to show off your feature! Come on over and check it out!!! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/04/sandwiches-that-will-knock-your-socks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh!! Thanks for featuring me! You have quite a few tasty sandwiches posted

      Delete
  6. You had me at "cilantro!" Yum! Thanks for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice burger recipe... glad your feeling the urge to get outside to cook. It hasn't struck me yet and it is probably warmer here in NY. Thanks for stopping by foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and I love cilantro! Thanks for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay more Cilantro and Chipotle too. LOVE! Thanks for sharing. You can see these at the Burger Bash Pinboard: http://pinterest.com/tumbleweedconte/burger-bash-with-twc/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews