Monday, April 15, 2013

Kicked-Up Baked Chicken

Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
Remember the old commercial for Shake N Bake? "Mom made Shake N Bake and I helped." Brings back memories of mom in the kitchen making dinner. I think I also just told you all how old I am. For those of you youngins out there, you can Google it. 

I don't use Shake N Bake any more however I do have the Great Value version here for quick dinners but the stuff is rather flavorless and boring. What to do? Add your own stuff. Then instead of the flavorless brown coating, you'll have something to write home to mom about. 

Here are my ingredients:
First, I used half a portion of what the Great Value box told me to use. I then added 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, a teaspoon of paprika, a teaspoon of parsley, a 1/4 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning, a dash of ground pepper and garlic powder. 
Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
I cut two chicken breasts in half lengthwise and coated them with the mix. I then baked them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. I always use a meat thermometer to check to see if my food is done. This way I'm sure it's not only done, but safe to eat. 
Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
The chicken should come out nice and golden brown. One thing you can also do about 15 minutes into the baking time and drizzle a bit of melted butter on top and it will give it some extra flavor.
Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
For nutrition information, please click the Magic button below
 

2 comments:

  1. We lived on shake n bake and Rice a Roni thanks for the flash back and the healthier version. Great to have you as part of foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm... I love chicken baked like this! Thanks so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... I hope you'll come back to party with me again tomorrow! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great night! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews