Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mouthwatering Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Salmon

Stuffed salmon
I don't know about you, but I love the stuffed salmon you can get at Costco. It is SO GOOD!! They do not always have it in stock, so when they do it's quite a treat for me. I purchase my salmon there and I decided to do a "Lorification" of the Costco salmon. I have to admit, it came out pretty darn good.

Ingredients
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can lump crab meat
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 medium red onion, chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
6 large shrimp, cut into bite sized pieces
2 Tablespoons capers (optional)
1/3 cup of white cooking wine
2 - 8 oz salmon steaks

For complete nutrition information, click the magic button

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Take the softened cream cheese and mash it up a bit so it's more of a creamy consistency.
Stuffed Salmon
In a medium mixing bowl, add the crab, parsley onion, garlic and shrimp. Mix together.
 Fold in the softened cream cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium to large baking dish, add the cooking wine. Slit the steaks down the center to form a bowl for the stuffing. Place the steaks in the bowl.
Fill each "bowl" with half the stuffing mix.
You'll notice the one on the right has extra green things in it. They are capers and I love capers with salmon and crab. Since hubby thinks they are disgusting, I added some to my serving. I love the zingy tangy taste of those little green gems and I'll add them to just about anything.
Bake them in the oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of your salmon steaks) at 350 degrees. Check with a meat thermometer to be sure they are cooked through.
I topped it with some sriracha sauce (1 cup mayonnaise, 1-2 Tablespoons Sriracha, 3 Tablespoons fat free half & half) and a sprinkling of parsley. I served it with a side of couscous. This was a great sauce for salmon!
The wine that I added to the baking dish kept the salmon moist while adding some amazing flavor. This is not an exact replica of the Costco version since I do not know all the ingredients they use, but I think mine is better. Try it out and tell me what you think.

This recipe was featured on Domesblissity's Thriving on Thursdays June 13. 2013.
 


 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the awesome recipe for salmon. I love salmon! Yummy. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/05/what-to-do-weekends-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This recipe looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it. Please stop by our Brag About It Tuesday Party and share some more great ideas.

    ~~ Thanks, Sharon & Denise BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love for you to share this at my link party where we pin all those who join to our party board
    http://myfashionforwardblog.com/all-things-pretty-11/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you divided the salmon, silly me tried to create a pocket! Thank you so much, you just made my life so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really sounds delicious! Found on Everyday Mom's Meals :)

    We'd love for you to link this up at our 1st SUPER SUNDAY Link Party:
    http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/06/super-sunday-party-1/

    Lori
    Whoneedsacape.com
    Not Your Average Super Moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Newest follower of your blog!! Will link up next week :-)

      Delete
  6. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori. This looks and sounds delicious. Your recipe has been chosen to be featured at tomorrow's Thriving on Thursday. We look forward to seeing more lovely recipes.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely amazing! Will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews