Monday, May 13, 2013

Garlic Shrimp over Rice

Recipe for Shrimp
As faithful readers, you know how often I cook with shrimp. It's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and it was part of a meal we would eat at a local fish place in Berkeley. CA when I was growing up. As I've grown into an adult, shrimp recipes have always found a way into my ever growing culinary arsenal and I cook it frequently. Coupled with one of my other favorite foods, GARLIC, this is an easy and flavorful meal.

Ingredients:
    12 oz medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 small shallot, sliced into rings
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley


    For complete nutrition information, click the magic button
Instructions:
Thoroughly rinse the shrimp and pat them dry with paper towels.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes; saute one minute. Increase heat to high. Add shrimp and paprika. Paprika has a strong flavor, so if you're not that into it, use less then 1/2 teaspoon Cook, stirring quickly, about 2 - 3 minutes.
Add lemon juice; cook 1 minute more, just until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over instant white rice and corn for a quick weeknight meal. 
So there you have it. An easy shrimp recipe that comes together quickly on those busy weeknights. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Lori - I love the combination of garlic and shrimp! I could eat that combo every day and not be unhappy ;) This sounds very tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy this meal is! Thank you for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you on Seven Alive. This looks great and seems easy enough to make. I am always looking for different ways to make shrimp. Pinned the recipe and now following via G+.
    ~Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM!! This sounds so yummy! I have been craving shrimp, I gotta try this!

    ~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews