Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bunless Asian Burgers

Burger Recipes
Summertime equals burgers, barbecues and fun times outdoors. I love a good burger and am usually looking to put a unique twist on the traditional American burger with cheese, tomato and all the fixin's. After making an oriental chicken salad a week or so ago, I decided tonight's burger was going to be Asian style. I had some leftover Sesame Ginger dressing and won ton crisps and turned this into a delicious light and flavorful burger.

1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 oz Sesame Ginger Dressing
Asian cabbage mix
Won Ton Crisps
Oriental Chicken Salad Dressing (find the recipe on a previous post here)

For nutrition information, please click the magic button

Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl until well blended. One item to note; be sure to chop your onions into small pieces. It makes it less likely that your burger will break apart on the grill.
Burger Recipes
When blended it should take on a darker color.
Divide the mix into four sections and press well into patties. Grill the burgers over medium heat until cooked to your preference, flipping once. I like mine medium with just a tad of pink in the center.

Top the burgers with a 1/4 -1/2 cup of Asian cabbage mix, add the won ton crisps then pour a bit of the oriental dressing on top of that. We did not have any burger buns (great planning, Lori!) when we made these, but if you want to put it on a bun, that's fine too. Served with a side of sweet potato fries and it was a meal that left hubby & I begging for more! I used some sriracha sauce mixed with mayo as a dip for my fries but standard Utah fry sauce works just as well.  Enjoy!!




7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I don't eat meat, but these would be simple enough to make for my son. Saw the Mia Mariu giveaway; I also have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea, and I'd love to try the cleanser that you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this looks amazing...I love Asian flavored foods and so I know I'll LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SO good! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-6-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds delicious :) I've not heard of asian burgers before but they sound lovely! I followed you here from the Whimsy Wednesdays link party by the way. Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-14-plus-16-dad-approved-fathers-day-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m so glad you stopped by! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

      Delete
  5. These burgers look amazing. Thanks for the recipe!! Have a great weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How original! Great contribution to The Burger Bash. Thanks for sharing. Pinning now....dinner later :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews