Monday, June 3, 2013

Steak and Veggie Skewers

You all should know me by now.... I'll skewer almost anything and call it dinner. Today's offering is for steak and assorted veggies, specifically the family favorite corn on the cob. The best thing is by skewering the food, it cooks up quickly and is quite colorful too.

Ingredients
2 - 6 oz sirloin steaks
2 ears corn on the cob
1/2 large red onion, cut into 1" squares
1/2 lb large mushrooms, rinsed with stems cut off
1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon A-1 sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

For nutrition information, click the magic button

Cut the steaks into squares the size of the mushrooms. Cut the corn into 5 slices each. Skewer the meat, mushrooms, corn and onion onto metal skewers.
Mix the barbecue sauce, the A-1 and Worcestershire sauce and brush the meat and veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on the barbecue on medium heat until the meat is done to your liking. I like mine medium with just a touch of pink in the center.
This is an easy weeknight dinner that is easy to clean up since all you have are your plates, utensils and metal skewers. I also made a batch of rice, so I had a small saucepan to clean up as well. With a full time job on top of everything else, this meal was a snap to make. And delicious too!


Recipe featured on Nap-TimeCreations Nothing Says Summer Like….. post June 15, 2013.
Featured on StoneGable Blogs On the Menu Monday post June 17, 2013
 Featured on Tumbleweed Contessa's What Did You Do This Weekend? post June 17, 2013.
Recipes and Ramblins with the Tumbleweed Contessa
 Featured on Feeding Big's Top 10 Favorites from the In and Out of the Kitchen Party #20 June 24, 2013
 

7 comments:

  1. I really like the corn on there, what a great idea.
    Stopping by In and Out of the Kitchen to say hi.
    My sister and I host a BBQ Block Party-Linky Party on Thursday and would love it if you would share the recipe.
    http://easylifemealandpartyplanning.blogspot.com/p/bbq-block-party-thursday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound delish! Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend? Nice pics.
    Liking you on FB.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda
    Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you for the feature. I will check it out. Love your blog

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought about putting corn on a skewer. Great idea!

    I host a weekly link party, and I'd love for you to join. It runs Sunday through Thursday. Hope to see you there!

    Renea - http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like Renea said, I never thought to put corn on a skewer!! I love the idea and can't wait to try it :) Thanks so much for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends - I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe! While I was scrolling through the links from the In and Out of the Kitchen party, Big decided this was to be on the menu this week! So I am featuring it in the Top 10 Favorites from last weeks party.

    The Top 10 post will be up late Monday afternoon.

    Thanks for sharing this great recipe. See you at the next party!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for featuring me!!! Have a great day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews