Monday, July 1, 2013

Angel Hair Pasta with Mushrooms & Crab


Pasta Recipe
We eat a lot of fish and seafood in our home. It's lighter then chicken or steak and fish is versatile to use in everyday recipes. We also love pasta and angel hair pasta tops our list of the best.  I found this recipe on Deep South Dish and made a few minor changes, like adding mushrooms, to give it a nice twist of my own. After all, I love an adventure in my kitchen.
 
Angel Hair Pasta with Crab, Serves 4
1/2 pound of angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
2-3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon of fresh basil
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
1/2 pound to 1 pound, lump crab meat
1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Grated Parmesan, optional
For complete nutrition information, click the Magic Button 

Instructions
Bring water to a boil for pasta, add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking. Boil for according to package directions.


Meanwhile heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the green onion, garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and sautĂ© until soft.




Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash and chicken broth (or wine).
Pasta Recipe

Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the pasta to sauce and stir to mix thoroughly. Add the crab and heat it through. Next, add the pasta and parsley and just gently toss to blend.
Garnish each serving with parsley and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. I personally like fresh parmesan cheese, however the Kraft or store bought in the plastic container works just as well.
What a delicious dinner!!! I added a small side salad to get in my greens and I think salad pairs well with any pasta dish.


Featured on OrgJunkie's Monday Meal Plan July 15, 2013 

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I pinned I never lose the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you came to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... this week I'm co-hosting a HUGE bash with 2 other bloggers! Come on over http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com and share again! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews