Sunday, July 21, 2013

#MeatlessMonday: Pineapple Grilled Zucchini

Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Time for another dish for our meatless Monday's. I admit it, I am a "recovering vegetarian" (hubby's term) and now eat meat, but for the longest time, I estimate about 13 years, I was a vegetarian but also ate fish. I think that's called a Pesci Vegetarian? In any case during those 13 years, I filled my plate with colorful veggies, tofu and the occasional fish item. There are still times where that's all I want and will eat an artichoke with a side salad for dinner. Yep, that would be it. I still love my veggies and eat them with every meal.  This grilled zucchini recipe can easily be expanded into the star of the show since it is so tasty it needs nothing else. Or if you're a carnivore like hubby, pair it with a juicy steak. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1/2 large garden grown zucchini sliced or 2 medium store bought zucchinis sliced diagonally
1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
Cooking Spray

For nutrition information, click the magic button 

Directions
This time instead of using the outdoor grill, I had to use the inside one. Hubby said we were out of propane, boo!! I have this round grill/skillet I use when I want that outdoor taste but there are 5 inches of snow on the ground. Anyway, heat it up on the stove over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Mix the pineapple, honey, sugar and garlic in a small bowl.
Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Arrange the zucchini and onion on the skillet and brush the top side with half of the pineapple mix. Cook until you have nice brown marks on the underside. Flip and brush the top with the other half of the mix. Cook until soft, but not mushy. 
Grilled Zucchini Recipe
I love cooking with fruit and make every attempt to use fresh, but in this case, canned crushed pineapple was perfect. And it makes for an easy prep since you don't need to cut up a fresh pineapple making it perfect for an easy weeknight side dish or to make a large amount for a family dinner after church.  
Grilled Zucchini Recipe

Featured on Mom It Forwards Top 15 Garden Recipes post July 30, 2013
 
Featured on Bargain Briana's 50 Mouth-Watering Zucchini Recipes August 2, 2013
 
Featured as the most clicked recipe from Golden Reflections Blog Good Tastes Tuesday August 6, 2013
 
Featured on Angel's Homestead Saturday Spotlight August 10, 2013
 
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, I love zucchini! I have never had it though with a pineapple glaze. Sounds really really good! I can't wait to give this a try. I look forward to co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays with you for the next month and getting to know each other better. I could learn a lot from you. I've only been blogging 7 months and still have a ton to learn but am having so much fun doing it.
    Hope you have a great evening. Talk soon.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews