Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Refreshing Orange Blueberry Summer Drink

Refreshing Summer Drink
This summer season I am so in love with fresh blueberries. The sweet flavor of the berry is just sooo good! I've put them on salads a lot these past few weeks and also had them on ice cream and baked in a cupcake. Blueberry has always been a favorite in pancakes, it's my favorite Pop-Tart flavor and yogurt.

This weekend was so hot again. We had temps at 105 three days in a row. I drink tons of water as it is and this weekend was no exception. Well, at one point I was about done with water and wanted a refreshing summer drink that had some flavor to it. I'm also a big fan of orange juice so....... orange juice and blueberries? Yes, please.

This summer spritzer drink can be made using any juice and fruit. All you need is a bit of imagination and some bubble water. Bubble water is what hubby and I call sparkling water and there is always some in the house. Now that I have a Soda Stream machine, I can have it in an instant!

Allow me a moment to sing the praises of my Soda Stream Source. I picked one up at Wal-Mart recently and it's a mystery why I did not purchase one when they first came out. This machine is my new favorite thing and it's so easy to whip up a bottle of bubble water. And, there is no waste since the bottles are reusable and you won't be filling up the recycle can with a bunch of empty plastic bottles.

Ok, enough of my Soda Stream love.... onto the drink!

I took a 6 ounce glass and filled it half way with ice. I then poured my bubble water 3/4 of the way to the top. I added enough orange juice so it was a full glass without overflowing. Then I dropped in a dozen or so blueberries. A little lime wedge for a garnish and voila! An orangy, fizzy, blueberry drink. To add more blueberry flavor, squish a few blueberries before you drop them in. For those of you who enjoy an adult beverage now and again, add a splash of whiskey to the top (as hubby did) and it's a nice refreshing  summer cocktail.
When the sun started to go down, we sat on the shaded patio and enjoyed our drink. I hope you enjoy it too!

Featured on WIth A Blast's Top 12 Refreshing Drinks post July 10, 2013

Featured on Family Home & Life's Can I Get You Something To Drink? post July 23, 2013

Featured on Mandatory Mooch's Fantastic Fruit Series: Oranges post July 29, 2013

Featured on Lady Behind the Curtain's 52 Blueberry Recipes post August 14, 2013.
Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I pinned this on Cool Summer Drinks. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The looks yummy and gorgeous! I'm pinning and tweeting! Have a lovely day.
    Neighbors About Town Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy and I bet refreshing! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this at Wonderful Food Wednesdays – this looks so yummy and I pinned it to my 'blueberry board' :)
    I’m following you on Pinterest now.
    - Ang
    www.jugglingactmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your yummy recipe with Saturday Spotlight. Your right, this sounds so refreshing.
    Have a great weekend and hope to see you again soon!

    April
    Angels Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinned this one to my drink board! Thanks so much for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!!! Thanks for linking up to Good Tastes Tuesday!!

    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm! I never think to put blueberries into drinks, but this is such a lovely idea! I've also never thought to combine blueberries and oranges! I'm certainly intrigued by this combination! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great! I am really tempted to get a soda stream, but I really don't drink soda enough to justify it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink soda either so I have not purchased the "Cola" flavors. I like carbinated water and that's the main reason I got it. They have some flavor additions you can drop in or even purchase fruit flavors (orange, grapefuit).

      LMAO! I sound like the company PR rep! Thanks for stopping by to check out my drink recipe.
      Lori

      Delete
  11. YUM!! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good, thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes, pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews