Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Refreshing Orange Blueberry Summer Drink

Refreshing Summer Drink
This summer season I am so in love with fresh blueberries. The sweet flavor of the berry is just sooo good! I've put them on salads a lot these past few weeks and also had them on ice cream and baked in a cupcake. Blueberry has always been a favorite in pancakes, it's my favorite Pop-Tart flavor and yogurt.

This weekend was so hot again. We had temps at 105 three days in a row. I drink tons of water as it is and this weekend was no exception. Well, at one point I was about done with water and wanted a refreshing summer drink that had some flavor to it. I'm also a big fan of orange juice so....... orange juice and blueberries? Yes, please.

This summer spritzer drink can be made using any juice and fruit. All you need is a bit of imagination and some bubble water. Bubble water is what hubby and I call sparkling water and there is always some in the house. Now that I have a Soda Stream machine, I can have it in an instant!

Allow me a moment to sing the praises of my Soda Stream Source. I picked one up at Wal-Mart recently and it's a mystery why I did not purchase one when they first came out. This machine is my new favorite thing and it's so easy to whip up a bottle of bubble water. And, there is no waste since the bottles are reusable and you won't be filling up the recycle can with a bunch of empty plastic bottles.

Ok, enough of my Soda Stream love.... onto the drink!

I took a 6 ounce glass and filled it half way with ice. I then poured my bubble water 3/4 of the way to the top. I added enough orange juice so it was a full glass without overflowing. Then I dropped in a dozen or so blueberries. A little lime wedge for a garnish and voila! An orangy, fizzy, blueberry drink. To add more blueberry flavor, squish a few blueberries before you drop them in. For those of you who enjoy an adult beverage now and again, add a splash of whiskey to the top (as hubby did) and it's a nice refreshing  summer cocktail.
When the sun started to go down, we sat on the shaded patio and enjoyed our drink. I hope you enjoy it too!

Featured on WIth A Blast's Top 12 Refreshing Drinks post July 10, 2013

Featured on Family Home & Life's Can I Get You Something To Drink? post July 23, 2013

Featured on Mandatory Mooch's Fantastic Fruit Series: Oranges post July 29, 2013

Featured on Lady Behind the Curtain's 52 Blueberry Recipes post August 14, 2013.
Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews