Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tropical Pineapple & Mango Dressing

Salad Dressing Recipe
Lately, I have been loving mango. I've pureed it to baste grilled shrimp, chopped it up and put it on some lettuce for a refreshing salad and used it in a fruit salad. Mango is becoming more mainstream and I'm seeing more and more recipes out there. I added Mango to my "kitchen adventures list" and will be incorporating it more in the future. In the meantime, I made a delicious tropical salad dressing that is made from mostly fresh ingredients. If I had a fresh pineapple, I would have used that, however the canned variety worked very well.

Ingredients
1 Mango, chopped
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, chopped
Crushed red pepper to taste
For complete nutrition information, click the magic button  
Salad Dressing Recipe
Directions:
This is so easy!! Put everything in a food processor and blend on high for 10 seconds. 
Salad Dressing Recipe
Add more pineapple juice if you want your dressing thinner. I prefer mine a bit thicker so it sticks to my lettuce and veggies.  You're probably wondering why it has a greenish hue to it. Well, the cilantro created that but don't let the green color deter you because this is amazingly light and delicious.
I want to add one note regarding coconut oil. Hubby has been an "olive oil only" kind of guy most of his life. I like to experiment with various kinds and ever since I first tried coconut oil, I am hooked. My favorite by far is Tropical Traditions. I was blessed with an opportunity to review their coconut oil last year and they made a loyal customer out of me!!!  I think the flavor of the coconut oil really enhanced this dressing, keeping with the tropical flavors of the mango and pineapple. Coconut oil does not have a strong coconut flavor, so don't think your food will come out tasting like the inside of a Mounds candy bar. It's a delicate flavor that works with your recipes not against them.

I added this dressing to a salad of spring greens, cherry tomatoes, almonds and goat cheese. It made a wonderful accompaniment to my chicken and potatoes.


Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Lori. Thanks for this "saucy" goodness! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! I love mangoes on my salad, but never thought to put it in a dressing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blended nicely with the pineapple and so refreshing!

      Delete
  3. I love their coconut oil too! Stopping by from Marvelous Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my! I can't wait to try this!! Thanks so much for linking up with us this weekend at One Sharendipity Place! We'll be back to pin later!

    sue @ TheT2Women.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious - I am a loyal Tropical Traditions girl too. Thanks so much for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful summer dressing. I could put this on everything. Thanks so much for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and colorful for summer! Pinning to my salads board! Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mango, this sounds so good! Thanks for linking up to Good Tastes Tuesday!

    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, waht a lovely sounding dressing! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am co-hosting this week on the My Favorite Posts Showoff Weekend Blog Party. Thanks for connecting up!

    I host a (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop and a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into My Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ I would love for you to link up and follow if you like what you see. =) I follow back - I love making new friends!

    Have a terrific week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all things mango... gotta try this sauce! I'm so glad you came to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... this week I'm co-hosting a HUGE bash with 2 other bloggers! Come on over http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com and share again! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews