Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tropical Pineapple & Mango Dressing

Salad Dressing Recipe
Lately, I have been loving mango. I've pureed it to baste grilled shrimp, chopped it up and put it on some lettuce for a refreshing salad and used it in a fruit salad. Mango is becoming more mainstream and I'm seeing more and more recipes out there. I added Mango to my "kitchen adventures list" and will be incorporating it more in the future. In the meantime, I made a delicious tropical salad dressing that is made from mostly fresh ingredients. If I had a fresh pineapple, I would have used that, however the canned variety worked very well.

Ingredients
1 Mango, chopped
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, chopped
Crushed red pepper to taste
For complete nutrition information, click the magic button  
Salad Dressing Recipe
Directions:
This is so easy!! Put everything in a food processor and blend on high for 10 seconds. 
Salad Dressing Recipe
Add more pineapple juice if you want your dressing thinner. I prefer mine a bit thicker so it sticks to my lettuce and veggies.  You're probably wondering why it has a greenish hue to it. Well, the cilantro created that but don't let the green color deter you because this is amazingly light and delicious.
I want to add one note regarding coconut oil. Hubby has been an "olive oil only" kind of guy most of his life. I like to experiment with various kinds and ever since I first tried coconut oil, I am hooked. My favorite by far is Tropical Traditions. I was blessed with an opportunity to review their coconut oil last year and they made a loyal customer out of me!!!  I think the flavor of the coconut oil really enhanced this dressing, keeping with the tropical flavors of the mango and pineapple. Coconut oil does not have a strong coconut flavor, so don't think your food will come out tasting like the inside of a Mounds candy bar. It's a delicate flavor that works with your recipes not against them.

I added this dressing to a salad of spring greens, cherry tomatoes, almonds and goat cheese. It made a wonderful accompaniment to my chicken and potatoes.


Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews