Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Easy Weeknight Meal: Barbecue Bacon Hot Dog

Hot Dog Recipes
This hot dog idea was inspired by Chili's Southern Smokehouse Bacon Burger, which is one of my favorites there. I love the combo of flavors with the onion straws, the sauce and bacon. So why not turn it into a hot dog?

Ingredients
4 all beef hot dogs
8 strips cooked bacon
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
1 cup milk
olive oil for frying
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

For nutrition information, click the magic button  


Directions
Place the hot dogs on the grill and heat on medium heat. While that is going on, make the onion straws. I used a red onion since I love the flavor more then yellow.
Hot Dog Recipe
In a separate bowl, add the milk. On a plate, add the flour and chili powder. Dip a few of the onions at a time into the milk then dredge it in the flour. Add olive oil to a skillet and fry on medium to high heat a few at a time as to not overcrowd the skillet. When they're brown, set them on a napkin to absorb the excess grease and repeat until all your onions are cooked. 
Your hot dogs should be done by now. I cooked them on my stovetop indoor grill so I can turn them occasionally while I was cooking my onion straws. Now it's time to assemble!  I put my barbecuse sauce on the bun, added my bacon, then the dog, then the onions and topped with cheese.
Don't these look amazing! We eat lots of hot dogs during the summer, so I've been trying to "shake it up" with my recipes. This was wonderful!! All the flavors blended together spell summer to me and I'm sure it will for your family as well. Enjoy!!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews