Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ozeri Green Earth Pan Review & Blueberry Pork Chops Recipe

Not all non-stick pans are non-stick. Oh no... some just claim to be and after about a dozen uses, things stick. I'm not kidding. I've purchased many with the promise of non stick, easy cleaning pans that have not lived up to it's promise. When I was given the opportunity to review the Ozeri Green Earth Pan, I was hoping it wasn't more of the same. Boy was I delighted when this pan not only didn't get a coating of food stuck to it, but it was easy to clean and cooked my food perfectly in it's flat bottomed surface. This is my new "go-to" pan, I kid you not, and I just love it!!
Ozeri Green Earth Pan
About the Ozeri
Utilizing GREBLON -- a natural ceramic coating from Germany, the Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals. Conventional non-stick cookware is achieved through a coating of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties.
Ozeri Green Earth Pan

As it says on Amazon, at very high temperatures, PTFE begins to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. We have four cats and a parrot, so this was HUGE to me. They are our fur-babies and we certainly don't want any harm coming to them.

This is because the Green Earth Pan utilizes a 100% ceramic coating derived from nature - not from a laboratory. The Green Earth Pan's ceramic coating is completely free of PTFE and PFOA. The Green Earth Pan's natural ceramic coating is also far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces. With better non-stick properties, the Green Earth Pan allows you to cook with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and it makes cleaning a breeze. The Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is made of the highest quality anodized aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without the risk of hot spots. AMEN to that!

I've made many meals so far using my Ozeri. From the recipe noted below, to bacon, to eggs to just about anything you can pan-fry, it cooks beautifully. I love the solid feel to the pan. It's not some cheaply made pan that builds up gunk and wears out quickly. Oh no, this is one solid pan that will last a long time. I have a flat-top stove and this pan pairs perfectly with it. It's like they were made for each other.

Below is a recipe for pork chops that I cooked in my Ozeri. And, I had a bunch of blueberries too so why not make that into a sauce?

Ingredients
2 8 oz bone in pork chops
1 clove garlic, smashed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup red wine
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2  shallots, cut into rings
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)


For nutrition information, click the Magic Button


Directions
Heat olive oil in the Ozeri and add garlic and chops. Saute on both sides until golden brown and done all the way through.

Here are my pork chops, just cooking away. I love how the texture of the pan allowed for not only even cooking all the way around, but with the texture, my garlic and oil can move around and keep my chops nice and moist.

While the chops are cooking, add the remaining ingredients into a large saucepan and cook until blueberries break down just a bit. Top the finished pork chops with the sauce and serve.
It is recommended by the manufacturer to hand wash the pan rather then using the dishwasher. And clean up is a breeze. A little soap and warm water and you're good to go for your next culinary creation. As for the pan, I highly recommend it and will be looking at other Ozeri products for my kitchen.

To purchase, go to Amazon and check it out!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews