Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tortilla Roll-Ups {Guest Post}

Hello readers!!  Today I am headed into surgery and will be down for a week or so. No worries, nothing serious, just something I need to do. In the meantime, some of my bloggy friends are taking over and telling you about their adventures in the kitchen. Awesome right? I can't wait to try these recipes myself when I'm back to normal again. So sit back, relax and enjoy these guest posts.

Today my friend Kathleen from Fearlessly Creative Mamma is sharing her Tortilla Roll-Ups. They look amazing!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! My name is Kathleen and I blog over at Fearlessly Creative Mammas with my oldest daughter Samantha. We blog about all of our creative endeavors like recipes, crafts, parties or just tips that we have tried and liked. We love to spend time together as a family, cook, craft and travel. We hope you will stop by and visit sometime!  I'd like to thank Lori for having me on her site today and I hope you will love what I'm going to tell you about today. 

My father-in-law loves tortilla roll ups. I usually make him a batch for Father's Day and for his birthday, plus I make them when we have big family gatherings. We happened to have a big family gathering a few weeks ago and I thought I would share the recipe for Tortilla Roll Ups with you today. They are super easy and everyone always loves them. 

First you mix the sour cream and cream cheese together until there are no lumps. I like to do this in my mixer because otherwise you are mixing all day long. I don't have that kind of patience. 
Next you add the taco seasoning and mix it well.
Then you add the rest of the ingredients, except the tortillas, and make sure everything is mixed up really, really well.


Now you take your mixture and spread some on your first tortilla, all the way to the edge. Then you roll it up. Repeat until all of mixture is used. 


My husband eats gluten free, so I made two of these with gluten free tortillas and rolled and wrapped them up separately. 

Put them all in a container and refrigerate until they are firm. I usually make mine the day before we need them and refrigerate them overnight. 


 When you are ready to eat them, slice them up and serve. Then watch them disappear! They are so good and your friends and family with absolutely love them! 
Here is the recipe:

Tortilla Roll Ups

1 package of large flour tortillas (about 16)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 package taco seasoning
1 small can chopped black olives
1 small can chopped green chilies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
24 ounces sour cream

In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream until it is smooth and there are no lumps. Add the taco seasoning and mix well. Add the cheese, olives and chilies and mix. Spread the mixture on the tortillas to the edges and roll up. Store in the refrigerator until firm. Cut up and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews