Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baked Chinese Chicken Wings




Baked Asian Chicken
All done!
So I was invited to a fun Sunday dinner and the theme was Chinese. After lots of thought I decided to make Chinese Chicken wings. I'd never made wings Asian style, usually is southwest or cajun.  After I bought the chicken and marinated the wings, the event was cancelled due to 100 degree weather and high winds. Not much fun to have an outdoor dinner in those conditions.
Now I had a dilemma.... what to do with all these wings? I decided some experimenting was in order.  Since they were already marinating, whatever I elected to do would have an Asian theme. I was still going to bake some but the others..... stay tuned.

Here is the recipe for the baked wings:

INGREDIENTS:

1- 64 oz bag of Great Value all natural Chicken wing drummettes
1/8 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 or 2 Tbsp Sesame oil (a little goes a long way)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Seagrams Dark Honey whiskey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ground ginger

For complete nutrition information, click the magic button

DIRECTIONS:

Combine sugar, soy sauce, oil, honey, Seagrams, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken to the bowl and toss to coat Cover tightly with foil (or the lid if it has one). Let wings marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
The marinade with minced garlic
I always rinse off my chicken, steak or any meat before cooking
Soaking up the good marinade
Since my plans changed, when it came time to cook, I removed half of the wings from the bowl, sealed them in a container and put them back in the fridge. Those will be used for Baked Chinese Chicken Wings, part 2 posted later this week. In the meantime, arrange wings in a baking dish and pour any remaining sauce over them. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, basting as needed with marinade.  
Chicken all ready for the oven. 
Using a meat thermometer, check that the internal temperature is at 180 degrees. If not, cook them a bit longer. I served this with a southwest pasta salad and a nice merlot. 

All done!
I really liked the Asian flavor. I'm glad I didn't add too much sesame oil since the flavor was just right. The addition of the Seagrams gave it a unique sweet taste along with the actual honey). This is a great recipe for a summer barbecue and for potlucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews