Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baked Parsley Parmesan Tomatoes

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
When I met Hubby, he wouldn't even look at a tomato. He would pull it out of a burger, avoid them in salads and just avoid them altogether. For me, I grew up eating sliced fresh tomato with my meals and always ask for extra for my burger. However, as time has passed and I have been creative in my tomato making, he has come around. Amazing!!  Last night, I made this little side dish to go with steak and corn. Much to my surprise, Hubby inhaled a few. Isn't it amazing how 3 years with a tomato-a-holic like me will change a person? 


Ingredients
2 roma tomatoes, sliced into fourths
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shaved fresh parmesan cheese
1/8 cup shaved fresh mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/8 cup fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lay out the sliced tomatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle them with the olive oil. Add the shaved parmesan to each slice, then the mozzarella. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on the slices and top with the chopped parsley.
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Boy are these good!! They make a perfect accompaniment to a main course or they can stand on their own as an appetizer for your next get together.
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
For nutrition information, click the magic button below

Featured on SweetSav's Meatless Monday's May 6, 2013

16 comments:

  1. I love this! I grew up eating sliced tomatoes with a little salt and pepper. Hubs prefers them in a tomato sandwich. My kids hate them :( lol. I'll have to try this version out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so wonderful. Cannot wait to try this out. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious and love the combination of fresh parsley with tomato and parmesan. No wonder your hubby loved them ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tomatoes! The more the better. And with cheese? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hated tomatoes growing up, and it was cheese that changed all that for me. There's something about melted cheese over tomatoes that makes you see them in a whole different light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is worth a try, definitely! Just pinned this! Hopping from Adorned from above blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah, I can smell them. I also add some garlic, I am garlicoholic:) I am following you through blognetwork and Gf. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yummy - I can hardly wait for fresh tomatoes this summer!! Men!! They can be so fussy; mine won't touch cucumbers, yet like pickles and tzatziki....go figure.
    Stopping by, this time, from Foodie Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound fantastic! Always nice to change up the side dish once in a while. I bet you will be serving these more often at your house now that you know it will help your husband eat tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good and easy to make! I must try them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum! Pinned :o) I came over from Six Sisters... Hope your weekend has been great! Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make something like this and just love it. This is being featured, this week, at My Meatless Mondays. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love baked tomatoes! Yours look delicious. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week, I hope you'll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This became a hit during our church outing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your church family enjoyed this. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for following me at Pinterest! Followed you back too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews