Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grilled Corn on the Cob, Two Ways

How to Grill Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is one of my favorite foods during the summer months. In fact, hubby and I will purchase four ears at a time even though it's just the two of us at home. Right now, it's not readily available everywhere we shop, however it's starting to show up at the local Wal-Mart or Harmon's.
 
We grill a lot when the weather warms up. After months of snow and single digit temps, we get outside to cook all the time.  Corn on the cob is an easy veggie to grill and you can do so much with it. Just add your favorite spices and seasonings and you're good to go.
 
This post will feature two ways we season our corn before grilling. First up, a simple salt and pepper seasoned corn. I start by shucking the corn of it's outer leaves and peeling off the little hairs that are still left behind. Then I rinse the ear and place it on a piece of foil. I then spread butter on the ear, sprinkled it with salt and pepper then drizzled a bit of Merlot wine on it. Shhh... that's my secret!

The second option was a bit different. First, I shucked the leaves, peeled the little hairs and rinsed the ear. I then spread some butter on the ear, sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese on it, cut up some fresh parsley and added it to the ear. Again, a drizzle of Merlot wine finished it off!

Now, how do you grill corn on the cob? Simple. I wrapped each of these ears in individual foil packets and sealed them up well so the butter and wine would not leak out. Need to keep those in the foil to keep the corn sweet and juicy.
I grilled the corn on the bottom rack on medium-high heat for 8. Most of the time I cook them on the top rack for 15 minutes, but we were also grilling a thinner steak so they didn't need that much time to cook. Upon unwrapping the foil, I found a bright yellow fragrant ear of corn. The wine cooks out and adds a delicate sweetness to the ear and the parmesan cheese adds depth to the flavor. This is a summer must have for outdoor grilling.

So, how would you season your corn?


5 comments:

  1. they look so perfect. Beautiful colour and texture..
    Do visit and follow me back..www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled corn, and this sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks great! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Tumbleweed Contessa :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Lori - I never would have thought to use wine in making grilled corn. But why not? And love the sound of using parmesan with parsley... Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merlot ?! Never would have thought about adding wine! Sounds delicious :-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews