Monday, April 1, 2013

Starkist Tuna Selections #StarkistTunaPouch

#StarkistTunaPouch
I am part of the Smile360 blogger program and had the opportunity to review Starkist Tuna Packs. Starkist sent me 1 each of their variety of individual tuna packs. They sent me the following selections:

Chunk Light Tuna in Water
Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
Albacore White Tuna in Water
Low Sodium Albacore White Tuna in Water
Tuna Creations Herb & Garlic
Tuna Creations Sweet &Spicy
Tuna Creations Zesty Lemon Pepper
Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
Ready-Made Tuna Salad Chunk Light
Ready-Made Tuna Salad Albacore


I started with the Hickory Smoke Tuna Creation. The smoke flavor was very mild not overwhelming to my taste buds. I had it over a salad which included tomato, lettuce and cucumber. Since it was a smokey flavor, I added a southwest twist with black beans and corn. Top it off with a bit of spicy ranch dressing and it was a fantastic healthy lunch.
The second one I tried, which I now believe is my favorite, was the Sweet and Spicy variety. This one came with a recipe from Starkist for an oriental mandarin salad. I just happened to have all ingredients on hand, so I put this together with mandarin oranges, lettuce, crunchy noodles and almonds. Then I put the tuna on top and enjoyed a delicious and healthy dinner.
Sweet and spicy tuna, tuna salad
For a delicious and healthy lunch, I used the Albacore Ready-Made Tuna Salad. There are days when I do not have time to throw lunch together before rushing out to work, so the Starkist Tuna Selections was a handy go-to lunch item. I just added some lettuce and tomato, put a little dressing on it, added the tuna and voila! Lunch!
The votes are in and I'm a fan. I've always enjoyed tuna from the can however these convenient tuna pouches make getting lunch ready at work a snap.

For more information and creative tips, visit Starkist on the web
Use the The StarKist® Salad Maker app to create a great salad recipe of your own and print a money saving coupon
Follow StarKist® on Facebook
Follow StarKist® Charlie on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews