Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spinach & Tomato Egg Bake


Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
So last weekend, I wanted something a bit different then the standard bacon and eggs for breakfast. Like a quiche and a casserole I made before, this recipe used ingredients I already had in my fridge and pantry. Today's recipe can be vegetarian, vegan or full of bacony goodness… it's up to you. For me, it was a nice light breakfast while sitting on my patio.

Ingredients (serves 4)
8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
1 shallot, cut into rings
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 vine ripened tomato, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
4 oz of pepper jack cheese, cut into cubes
4 eggs
chopped fresh parsley to taste
3 strips bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
 
For nutrition information, click the magic button

Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Take the spinach, shallots and garlic and add to a hot skillet with olive oil. Cook until garlic is fragrant.  Mix with the tomato. cumin, coriander and 3/4 of pepper jack in an oven proof dish.
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Hubby wanted bacon and I didn't so add the bacon to 1/2 of the baking dish. Unless you want some too, then cover the veggie mix with chopped bacon.
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Break the eggs over the mix, one in each corner. Add fresh parsley to taste.
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake

Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. At about the halfway mark, I broke open the yolks on hubby's eggs. He hates runny eggs (aka eggs over easy).
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Here they are when done and hubby's yolks on the right are cooked through.
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
Here are mine. I added a few black beans on my side to give it a southwest flair.
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake

Spinach Tomato Egg Bake
This made for a delicious breakfast on the patio on a warm summer morning. Fresh eggs, veggies and sunshine. What more can a girl ask for?
Spinach Tomato Egg Bake

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd love to have this! Thanks for sharing! Gotta pin this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. With this technique you could do so much. You've really got me thinking. I also love how you were able to customize to each of your tastes and still just use one pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how simple this is to make and how hearty and healthful! A delicious and beautiful breakfast for sure, Lori... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love egg dishes! Pinned to my fabulous food board:) New follow to your page. Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/red-white-and-blue-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to make this for my husband! He loves eggs! It looks great! Thank you so much for linking up at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I just might have to make this for breakfast tomorrow! hehe
    (new follower here!)
    Morgaine from Madcap Frenzy
    P.S. I would also like to invite you to join my June Totally Tuesday Link Party:
    http://www.madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/06/june-totally-tuesday-link-party.html
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? Hope you come back often.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, bacon and spinach in one dish--i'll eat this anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! Pinning to breakfast and brunch board :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely going with your hubbys side :) I just can't resist bacon!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - can't wait to see what you share next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is just the sort if different breakfast I've been looking for. I've got to have the bacon though, and the runny eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicous (I like your side better. LOL!) Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious! :) Love baked eggs! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews