Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Easy Weeknight Meal: Honey Baked Chicken Drummettes

Baked Chicken Recipe
We all love those easy weeknight meals that basically cook themselves so we can take on other tasks like helping kids with homework during the school time or spending some one on one time with that special someone. Yeah, that's what I like to do sometimes. This past week when I got home late from work and hubby did as well, I needed a quick meal that will satisfy us both and leave little clean up. Chicken drummettes and rice did the trick!

When I was growing up, we ate lots of chicken. After my parents split, we were rather "financially challenged" so we ate even more and chicken wings and drummettes were pretty inexpensive. My mom got very creative in her cooking methods for chicken wings. Whether it was "Shake & Baked" or just grilled, she knew how to create variety so we didn't feel like we were eating the same thing every day. I guess that rubbed off on me since I now do the same thing.

This recipe is simple yet yields amazing results.

Ingredients - Serves 2
4 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, chopped
7 chicken drummettes (I used Great Value Frozen, but thawed it first)
salt & pepper to taste


For nutrition information, click the magic button

 

Directions
So easy... take the first give ingredients and mix it in a bowl. Place the chicken drummettes in a baking dish. I used a bread loaf pan since it fit the seven drummettes in there just fine. Why such an odd number of drummettes? It's because that's all I had left in the bag!  Sprinkle the drummettes with salt and pepper then baste the chicken with the honey mix. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Be sure the chicken is done by using a meat thermometer.
Baked Chicken Recipe
Paired with instant rice, this is a wonderful light meal. I also had some green beans but any other veggie of choice would do. Simple, tasty and easy. And the kids would love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews