Sunday, July 7, 2013

Darn Good Philly Cheesesteak Hot Dogs


Recipes with Hot Dogs
Well this dinner is probably a carnivores delight!!  Roast beef AND a hot dog? Yes, please. 

I like a good cheesesteak and have been fortunate enough to enjoy one right in the heart of Philadelphia at a farmer's market. That was a lot of years ago (I won't say how many) but it was very memorable. Living here in Utah, I have not found one that truly matched up but have come close.  This Philly take on the traditional hot dog is a meat lovers dream and is sure to make cheesesteak lovers sit up and take notice. There are a lot of recipes for hot dogs out there these days and they range from Mexican style, Asian style and more. This all-American classic was made Philly style. 

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 all beef hot dogs
4 bratwurst buns
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced into strips
1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced into strips
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ounces deli roast beef, cut into 2 inch strips
4 slices provolone cheese

For nutrition information, click the Magic button  

Recipes with Hot Dogs
Directions:
I did this stove top style since we had a big summer thunderstorm and I didn't feel like standing in the rain. I have a griddle fryer and I heated it to medium and placed the dogs in the pan. 
Recipes with Hot Dogs
In a separate skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic, onions and peppers. Stir fry until onions are soft. Add the roast beef and cook until heated through. 
Recipes with Hot Dogs
Just before I was ready to serve the dogs, I buttered the buns and placed them face down on the griddle to toast them a bit.
Recipes with Hot Dogs
Toasted goodness!
Recipes with Hot Dogs
To assemble, I added a bit of mayo to my bun, laid down the hot dog, put the cheese on that and covered the top with the roast beef mix. Melted my cheese very nicely!
Recipes with Hot Dogs
So next time you are looking for recipes with hot dogs, give this one a try. It's beefy goodness that I think would be a unique hot dog recipe at your next backyard barbecue. 

Recipes with Hot Dogs



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews